See Related Links and Read Below
Scholarships for Hispanic High School Students
- Colgate Palmolive and the Hispanic Heritage Foundation team up to offer the Haz LA U Program. Each year, there are up to 180 awards in amounts that go up to $15,000 each. To be eligible, you need to be of Hispanic heritage which includes Spain, Brazil and Philippines. You must also have a 3.0 GPA and plan to enroll in a bachelor’s program in the fall after you graduate.
- Haines Law, P.C. offers a Step Forward Scholarship. It pays $1,000 to one student who is the first in their family to attend college. If you have a GPA of 3.0, you may be eligible. To apply, you need to send a resume and write a 750 to 1,000 word essay that explains why education matters to you. You’ll also need to send in a resume and transcripts from your current school.
- The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) offers scholarships for STEM high school, college and grad students. STEM. Awards vary in amounts but tend to pay up to $5,000. To be eligible, you must be an active SHPE member with a GPA of at least 2.75. You must also be pursuing a STEM degree or professional certificate at a school that qualifies.
Scholarships for DACA Students
DACA scholarships are for undocumented students who enter the United States prior to age 16 and receive “deferred action status. They are not eligible to be American citizens. They are considered DACA students. Several scholarships may help undocumented students pursue a degree program within their state. TheDream.US offers two different scholarships for high school and community college graduates and those who have no access to college. Eligible undocumented students will need to submit FAFSA, transcripts, and two essays. TheDream.US National Scholarship awards up to $14,500 for an associate’s degree and $29,000 for bachelor’s degree. Eligible students must be a high school, GED graduate or community college graduate. You must have a DACA or TPS status or meet other immigration criteria. You must be admitted to an approved Partner College.
Sons of Italy Western Foundation Scholarships
The Grand Lodge of California, Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America, announces the availability of scholarships for graduating seniors in the Class of 2021.
Scholarships are available in the following categories:
- Academic Awards for high school seniors
- Italian Language Study Grants in Italy for high school seniors for the summer of 2021
- Athletic Award for high school seniors pursuing a career in sports or a sports related field
The requirements applying for Scholarship or Student Grant with the Order Sons and Daughters of Italy, Grand Lodge of California is as follows:
- Applicant MUST BE wholly or partially of Italian decent
- Applicant MUST BE enrolled in an accredited Trade School, College, University or Community College in the fall of 2021.
Applications are available online at www.osiaca.org, click on link for SCHOLARSHIPS. Deadline for ALL applications is March 1, 2021